23 August 2010

Too Cool for School

All summer long, while the girls and I were galavanting around North America (and Mr Johnson was slaving away at his desk job in an un-airconditioned office in Qingdao or traveling on a crowded train to remote parts of the Orient visiting suppliers) I had in my mind that the first day of school was Thursday, the 19th of August.

Our return tickets where scheduled for the 18th, meaning I knew The Three would most likely miss the first day of school due to jet-lag and our late arrival the night before into Qingdao. I held strongly to this belief... my created first day of school ... even as I reluctantly allowed MGJ to go to school (albeit late) on what I continued to believe was the first day.

But guess what? School started on the 18th. Which can only mean one thing. These girlies are way too cool for school. They subscribe to the "casually late" camp. They didn't make it to the first day. And on the second day... we called a PJ day (except for my eldest... who likes to keep up appearances.)

So, in this belated fashion, here are some pics from the 'first-ish' day of school for the Johnson girlies.



A side note:
I'll give you a topic: School Uniforms
Discuss...
I have a love/hate relationship with them. They make for easy mornings (no hassle finding or arguing about clothes), but let's be honest... they kind of lack spunk. (And if you think these are bad... you should check out their Winter Uniform Kits!)

Of course, as goes for most things in life (from Crocs to school uniforms) they are exponentially cuter in the smallest sizes.)

MGJ has just graduated to secondary school which in terms of school uniform attire = the culotte. When I googled the culotte, I found that this divided skirt was at the height of fashion in the 1960s, and then reappeared again in the 1990s. Which of course offers little consolation to my tweenager who is required to wear the divided skirt aka skort aka culotte for the duration of her tenure in secondary school in this decade.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Your dog looks great! Go Johnson girls on another great year at International school.