Ahhh....maybe that is why I never found my "spot" in our new place in MN. We were only there 51 weeks. Keeping you all in our prayers. I will tell you the girls handled repatriation much better than Dan or I did.
Good to know we have until the 18 month point, we've been back almost a year now and although we fit in we still feel out of place. We just got back from a week long trip into China and Malaysia that we want to document, and at times it felt like we never left and that our year in Chicago was a dream or a one week holiday.
It's interesting moving home, not tough - as you know what to expect - but the time abroad has opened your mind and it takes a while to get back into that non-traveling mindset, if you know what we mean.
The kids will all adapt as if there was no change - that's the beauty of youth - work with that and you should be fine...
2 comments:
Ahhh....maybe that is why I never found my "spot" in our new place in MN. We were only there 51 weeks. Keeping you all in our prayers. I will tell you the girls handled repatriation much better than Dan or I did.
Good to know we have until the 18 month point, we've been back almost a year now and although we fit in we still feel out of place. We just got back from a week long trip into China and Malaysia that we want to document, and at times it felt like we never left and that our year in Chicago was a dream or a one week holiday.
It's interesting moving home, not tough - as you know what to expect - but the time abroad has opened your mind and it takes a while to get back into that non-traveling mindset, if you know what we mean.
The kids will all adapt as if there was no change - that's the beauty of youth - work with that and you should be fine...
Post a Comment