07 December 2010

The Johnson's {Seaside} in Qingdao


We took these photos at the height of fall.
The ginko trees were turning yellow.
The grass was not yet brown.
We took them by the seaside,
with the dog
(which is prohibited, and we were so informed by a local bao an)
(He's the security detail who is not quite police)
He pedaled up on his moped and informed us "No Dogs @ the Beach."

Never-the-less, we snapped these in quick succession.
And they've made for some fun memories of glorious autumn weather in our fair coastal city.

The air is decidedly more crisp now. The air quality -- smoky and gritty.

We were assessed yesterday and it seems we are JUST-AT-THE-LIMIT!

We're full on sorting.
And dumping.
And packing.

It's life out of suitcases from here on out.


The next week will be intense, and there probably won't be much from the old bloggie blog.
So I'll leave you with some of our favorite memories and best smiles,
and see you on the other side of our pack-out!

Thanks for all your love and support,
from friends here and on the other side of the world --
at the place we will soon, once again, call home.

Cheers, Love, and Peace,

4 comments:

Nat Bobee said...

We love you Jen! This has to hard on the girls and the both of you. Will keep you in my prayers. See you on the other side! Luv You!

Anonymous said...

We are so sad to see you go. I wish you a smooth (18 month!) transition back home. I hope you will keep up the blog, because I don't know what its like on the other side!

Anonymous said...

Qingdao is going to be a sad place without you all ... I am a better person for having known you.
Love & hugs as you begin anew.
B, M, B & T

globalgal said...

I'm really sad although I do not actually know you at all! I do hope that you will continue to write about the repatriation. I think it is important for all of us expats to see what that is like - positive and negative - even if some of us suspect we'll likely never repatriate.

Wishing you and your family the best this Christmas! (And if you happen to make it to Beijing before you leave, let me know!)