03 June 2011

Everyday {Another Five Minute Friday}


Everyday I drink coffee in the morning.

Mr Johnson boils the water in the black tea kettle, scoops out the coarsely ground Starbucks coffee {gifted to us by my sister the Bonita Barista}, and then lets the dark liquid brew in the French press for a few minutes before pressing the coffee and pouring out giant steaming mugs of our everyday experience. {Sometimes, like on weekends, or birthdays, or holidays, he'll whip up a milky espresso based latte, but usually the espresso machine is saved for after dinner, and the French press is our daily everyday standard.}

Other parts of what I do everyday depend on the season.

We've just commenced school holidays and our everyday will change from the strict morning schedule of getting three 12-and-unders out the door by 8:08 {A luxurious morning schedule to be sure! Certainly better than leaving the house at 7:20 as they were previously accustomed to.} Maybe we'll have breakfast on the porch everyday. Hopefully we'll spend a half hour or so reading everyday.

But one certainty is that everyday there will be coffee. Thanks, Mr Johnson!







I am linked up again this Friday with Gypsy Momma. Check out this week's Five Minute Friday @ http://thegypsymama.com/2011/06/five-minute-friday-every-day/

4 comments:

Melissa said...

You were the link before mine at Gypsy Mama. Before this week it was a long time since I missed my everyday coffee. Is French press really worth it?

purple squirrel said...

Visiting from Gypsy Mama~
Amen and Amen for Coffee, every day! :)

Frau Johnson said...

Thanks for stopping by, Ladies! I peeked in at your blogs as well.
@ Melissa, we think the French Press is totally worth it. The taste is so much more fresh than from traditional coffee maker ... (and easier to keep clean!)

Emily said...

Oh yes, coffee every day is a must and you're a lucky lady to have your man prepare it for ya!!