23 April 2012

April Birthday Girl

Bei Bei celebrated her golden birthday this month when she turned seven on the seventh. It's always such a relief to me that our "Baby Bea" arrived after her due date! (Her predicted "due date" suggested her arrival would fall on the same April date that Mr Johnson and I share already share!)

She waited five days and joined instead what we have dubbed the "April Team."

I was still jet-lag groggy this April 7th, but we wanted to do a little something extra for our golden girl. Friends of ours decorate their boys doors on their birthdays, and although I thought Bei Bei would love it, I wasn't certain. Would she'd feel trapped with a paper covering, or delighted that she would get to make a triumphant exit through the paper? Erring on the side of caution, we decorated the backside of her door with golden streamers and a banner. Next year, she has assured us, she would love to have her door decorated over!





breakfast in bed




2 comments:

Linda said...

Your pictures on your blog always look like professional shots. Is it your camera or are you just really good at photography? Or am I just really BAD at photography?

I'm dying to know!

Tai tai Johnson said...

We have an entry level digital SLR, and have made a few lens upgrades. In this post I did some photo edits using free online software ...